To begin with the space is a major constraint from a design perspective but feng shui can do wonders to the small area. You have to make changes and activate specific areas that an individual wants to enhance in your life.
- First things first, the bed needs to be placed in the right area. You have to make a demarcation in the living area and the work area in that limited space only. My best advice would be to place it near the wall and not under a window.
- Drape a lovely piece of fabric from the ceiling or erect a beautiful folding screen half way around the bed - compartmentalize your sleeping quarters in a lavish way. This will allow good chi' to flow throughout the small space. The room will appear spacious using this technique, even though it is not.
- While designing bear in mind that the whole area is proportionately furnished; do not de-clutter from one end and add it to the other. Keep the balance theory in mind and you can never go wrong.
- Make sure the door is not facing the elevator or a long hallway.
- Create an illusion with the use of mirrors to expand the room area more than it is.
About the Author: Mary has been freelancing as a guest writer for quite some years. "I like to share my opinions and connect with like minded individuals online about various topics." Mary's other interests include popular topics like Art & Home Design. Mary is also passionate about writing, careers, HR, and the freelance world. She is currently promoting these Professional Resumes, You can check out the latest resume blog for some great resume / CV tips.